News for all of the cycling enthusiasts; a Lake Garda event that should not be missed…..the 38th Giro del Trentino.
This is an opportunity to see international stars compete in the beautiful and picturesque location in the north of Lake Garda. Last year the British cycling hero Bradley Wiggins won the Fair Play Award. This was for permitting Vincenzo Nibali to cross the finish line in front of him, in recognition of the Italian rider’s fighting spirit in the final few kilometers of the race.
The Lake Garda terrain provides the perfect test for top athletes and a Lake Garda stage is usually included in the Giro D’italia. For those who are up for a challenge the Giro del Trentino should inspire all who are considering a cycling holiday in Lake Garda. The formidable climbs are rewarded with stunning scenery and wondrous views, added to your sense of achievement you wont fail to be satisfied.
Giro del Trentino-Cycling In Lake Garda
- 22 to 25 April 2014
- 38th Giro del Trentino , international competition for professional cyclists
- divided into 4 stages, including an individual time trial of 12.5 km.
- The 2014 stages will include the Lake Garda Towns of Riva del Garda, Arco, Torbole sul Garda, Nago, Tenno Lake Tenno, Dro, Drena.
- Last years winner-Nibali Vincenzo
- Last years fair play award-Bradley Wiggins
- For more information check here.
- If mountain biking is your thing click here